Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mommy is Here..

Our daughter Maddie has been going through a scared stage.  She gets scared of the sounds she hears outside (while in our home).  She get's scared of an invisible Dragon that she and abby are constantly running from.  She was scared to death of Churck e Cheese last night.

The fear is very real to Maddie.  Every time she gets scared she looks at me and says Mommy I scared.  I look back at her and say it is ok Mommy is here and there is nothing to be scared of.  I hug her and kiss.  I reassure her.  Maddie will sit in my arms cuddled up sometimes for a few mins.  She will eventually believe me and then she will get up and run around again.

I was thinking about how this situation can mirror things in my own life with the Lord.  There are times in our lives that we get scared of everything that is going on around us and to us.  We may be in the middle of some pretty big storms.  Our heavenly Father looks into our eyes and sees the fear in them.  He sees the tears coming to your eyes.  He hears our heart cry "Father help me!".  I am HIS child and my fear moves him to swift action. 

If we read in our bibles we see he says Not to fear! He tells us if HE is for us who can be against us.  Even when I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil.  WHY?! Because HE is there.  When I think about it in this verse we are scared of the shadow of death.  Shadows are so much bigger then what truly is.  If we are Chrstians death is a lie anyways.  Even though the fear that we are feeling is so real to us the Lord (our daddy) has this (whatever we are going through).  He has everything taken care of we just have to believe when he says Dont worry dont be scare Daddy is here. 

Just like my daughter with me!  I know the fear she feels is real to her and the sound of someone hammering outside is scary! It is just like the shadows we are scared of. 

This has been a hard 8 months for me and my family.  There have been times I was so scared I coudlnt hardly move.  There have been times I look at my situation and the shadow was so big I wanted to just hide and not deal with reality.  No matter what you are going though we have to remind ourselves of the parts in the Bible that says do not fear.  We have to remind ourselves who we are in Christ.  When we truly understand nothing will scare us because we know our Father in heaven has our everything taken care of.  I have to trust Him!

I am so thankful that when I forget and get scared my Lord pulls me in his lap and says Dont be scared I love you and you are my child and there is nothing to fear.  He knows that what we see with our eyes scares us, but He sees the full picture. HE works everything to our good and to Him be the glory.

Whatever you are facing in your life that scares you.. Remember who's child you are.  Remember we have nothing to fear and we have to get out of that mind set.  Remember to be as a child and crawl up into His lap and let him reassure you.  Then WALK  in the security of your Father and be FEARLESS!


1 comment:

Jane Cash said...

Thank you, Jessica, for sharing your heart. What an encouraging word!